Are you searching for a WiFi passcode on Chromebook? Here’s the solution. Finding a WiFi Password on Google Chrome is very effortless to locate. It requires some of the tricks of programming skills. To do so, you have to get into the developer mode and, after that, enter the passcode from Crosh shell. If you own a Chromebook, then you will be facilitated with various built-in features, including the one that memorizes the WiFi passcode to your system. This automatic system enables the user to connect to the network automatically each time you connect to the network.
There are limitations on how many passwords a Chromebook remembers, and thus, keeping the passcode in a separate and safe place is recommended.
Getting into the Developer Mode on Chromebook
Searching for a particular WiFi passcode on any device requires programming tricks, but you have to pursue these guidelines to know it can be obtained easily and effortlessly.
- First and foremost, tap the Refresh, erase, and Power tabs altogether.
- After that, hit the Ctrl and D buttons from the firstmost screen.
- Then, type the Enter key on the following display.
- Wait for some time, about ten to twenty minutes. Note: By getting into the developer’s mode will refresh and boost the Chromebook machine and then restore it to its factory settings.
Finding WiFi Password in Chromebook Crosh Shell
- In the beginning, you have to press three keys simultaneously:
- Alt, Ctrl and “T”
- Then, hit the enter tab to proceed.
- Now, you have to enter following commands in Crosh shell page:
- After tapping the enter key, you will get a code string that you have to copy.
- Now, enter the keywords “cd” and then paste it on the page.
- After that, hit the Enter key.
- Now, you have to enter these keywords “more_shill/shill.profile.”
- Next, search for the name of your network and then search for these keywords: Passphrase=rot47: and then enter some random texts.
- Then, you have to decrypt the text by using the following command: “echo>your text here// tr’!.~” “p-~!-O.”
- Now, you have to wait for some time, and then you will find the WiFi passcode there on the screen.
Searching for saved WiFi Password on Chromebook
- First of all, you have to get into the Developer Mode, then you will be able to get all the associated passcodes that you have previously connected.
- After that, connect your device to a WiFi network if you want to crack the saved password.
- Now, tap these keys simultaneously: Alt, Ctrl, and T.
- After a while, you will see a Crosh Shell on your desktop.
- When the black colored shell display launches on your screen, you have to enter these command path:
Chromos_@_localhost // $_sudo/su
Local_host //_cd _home_root/
- Now, a long list will appear on your screen, and you have to type in CD. Then hit the Enter key to proceed.
- After a while, you will be prompted to a directory. E.g.;
“local_host root//cd 6ac138e6f//72d5b28ee8d9a//344ada72f//2f981818a/”
- At last, you have to enter the following command “more_shill/shill.profile” and then hit the Ok button.
- Then, all the connected WiFi passcodes will appear that you have connected till then.
- Now, you have to search for the particular passcode that you are searching for.