Whenever you wish to launch the installed application or install a new app, you may encounter the application error code 0xc0150004 in Windows 10 operating system. This error is caused by third-party antivirus tools which block the launcher or system corrupted file. If you are facing this issue, then you need to go through with this article, where we have mentioned how to fix application error code 0xc0150004 in Windows 10 operating system.
How to Fix Application Error Code 0xc0150004 in Windows 10
Here we have mentioned four possible ways to fix error code 0xc0150004 in Windows 10 operating system quickly:
- Turn off Antivirus Real-Time Protection
- Use DISM program to repair Windows
- Run Clean Boot
- Install Windows Updates
1) Turn off Antivirus Real-Time Protection
Here are the steps on how to turn off Antivirus Real-Time Protection:
- If you are using third party antivirus tools, it may be affected with the application installers and launchers.
- First, you need to turn off your Antivirus tools to check this may resolve the issue.
- If you have installed “Avast” antivirus then do the following task.
- Right-tap on the “Avast” antivirus button in the taskbar.
- Tap on “Avast shields control” and then tap open “Disable for a few minutes.”
- This procedure will disable antivirus for some time.
- At this time, you need to launch the application or installer which is causing the issue.
If turning off antivirus can fix the issue, then you may need to make few changes into antivirus. Additionally, you can also uninstall antivirus properly and use other antivirus tools.
2) Use DISM Program to Repair Windows
Here are the steps on how to use DISM program to improve Windows:
- Tap on the Window key on your keyboard.
- In the search tab, type “cmd” and then right-tap on the “Command Prompt” and tap on “Run as Administrator.”
- In the command prompt line, type “Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” and then tap on the Enter button on your keyboard.
- After this above procedure, close command prompt and then run settings which occur error and then check the issue resolved.
3) Run Clean Boot
Here are the steps on how to perform a clean boot:
- Tap on the Windows + R key on your keyboard to launch the “Run.”
- In the “Run” search field, type “msconfig.msc” and then tap on “OK” to save your change.
- When prompted to restart, tap on “Restart Now” tab.
- After completing restart, you need to check the error issue while installing or launching an application or new program.
If the error doesn’t appear in clean boot mode, you might have a third-party application creating this issue with the launcher or installer application. You need to launch the Control Panel and locate the installed application list. Tap on the recent app installed and then uninstall it.
4) Install Windows Updates
Here are the steps on how to install windows updates:
- Tap on the Start button and then tap on settings.
- Tap on the “Update & Security” button under the settings option.
- Tap on “Windows Updates.”
- Now you need to check any pending updates available to updates.
- If you locate any updates then tap on it and then tap the download button to download and install updates to your windows operating system.
Downloading and installing Windows updates can fix several issue bugs and glitches with your Windows operating system. Windows updates come with several latest features and fix many bugs with an earlier version with new updates.